The Top 20 Most Powerful Women of All Time
| By TMA World
To celebrate International Women's Day and raise awareness of women's achievement we have curated a list of the world's top 20 most powerful women of all time.
2. Marie Curie - Physicist, Chemist, Scientist
3. Elizabeth II - Monarch
4. Diana, Princess of Wales – Crown Princess
5. Mother Teresa - Nun, Teacher
6. Joan of Arc - Military Leader
7. Margaret Thatcher - Statesman, Politician, Chemist
8. Anne Frank - Author, Writer
9. Helen Keller - Pacifist, Lecturer, Author
10. Cleopatra - Ruler
11. Eleanor Roosevelt - Politician, Diplomat, Author
12. J. K. Rowling - Novelist, Film Producer, Author
13. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
14. Condoleezza Rice - Businessperson, Politician, Diplomat
15. Malala Yousafzai - Writer
16. Sonia Sotomayor - Editor, Judge, Jurist
17. Rosa Parks - Activist
18. Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Judge, Jurist, Lawyer
19. Marillyn Hewson - Businessperson - CEO of Lockheed Martin
20. Ewa Kopacz - General practitioner, Politician - Prime Minister of Poland
If you're looking to celebrate International Women's Day and want ideas on how to mark the event click here for ideas.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive our articles and news direct to your inbox.