Multi-dimensional, matrixed organizations require their people to be skilled at influencing those over which they have no direct authority.
Being able to identify and leverage sources of personal influence is integral to achieving effective decision making and efficient implementation in a borderless workplace.
Benefits for the delegate.
By completing the Influencing Without Authority Learning Path, delegates will be able to:
- Distinguish between power and personal influence
- Identify their available sources of influence
- Recognize their current style of influencing and examine its strengths and weaknesses in the borderless workplace
- Use influence to create cooperation
- Develop specific influencing skills to build trust and deepen collaboration
- Build a network of reciprocal relationships
- Use influencing skills to engender support from stakeholders
- Deal with conflict constructively and strengthen accountability
- Communicate to maintain performance, commitment and motivation.
Benefits for your organization.
Business impacts associated with the implementation of the competencies developed on this Learning Path include:
- Achieve goals not attainable through individual effort
- Develop a culture of interdependency and collaboration
- Empower individuals to take ownership and make decisions across geographic and cultural boundaries
Individuals who want to empower themselves, their teams and their organizations through enhanced influencing skills
The Influencing Without Authority Learning Path follows our unique Discover-Develop-Deploy learning philosophy.
The workshop component can be delivered face-to-face or virtually.