Leading virtual teams requires a number of capabilities, including strong virtual communication skills, which can motive and coach workers despite geographical distance and an emotional intelligence which allows the individual to acknowledge the differing needs, objectives and goals of their intact and remote workers.
The virtual leader or manager also needs the flexibility to consider and accommodate the impact that cultural differences may have on their team and team performance, making any adjustments necessary to ensure a collaborative and nurturing atmosphere, that can be felt across borders and time zones.
TMA World is a thought leader in virtual management training, one of our areas of expertise is managing virtual teams, our training solutions ensure that virtual team leaders and managers are aware of and familiar with all of the tools, techniques and best practices necessary to maximize the performance of their team, including methods to increase motivation, current communication technologies and virtual disciplinary procedures.
Individuals are given the opportunity to identify their strengths and address any areas that require improvement, meaning that the training they receive is very relevant to their needs.
We have a number of resources available to virtual leaders and managers, or those who are soon to be in a virtual leadership role, including:
The Global Collaboration app
The new Global Collaboration mobile app from TMA World provides a fast, fun and practical way for your busy executives to work on the move. 9 essential skills for being effective in the global workplace are addressed, including manage remote workers, communicate virtually and thriving in a global organization. Each module offers tips and guidance on what to do and what not to do.
Managers and leaders can use the Global Collaboration app to identify areas of performance that need further development on a company-wide, team or individual basis.
Relevant Learning Paths:
Viewpoints and Mindlines:
- Managing Remote Workers: Ten Tips
- Virtual Problem Solving: Tips
- Crisis = Opportunity: Leading Successfully in Turbulent Times
- Global Virtual Teams: Closing the Importance-Performance Gap
- Taking off the Mask: Cultural RISK and Virtual Teams
- Leading Virtual Teams: Ten Principles
- It’s all Ttalk: The Critical Art of Conversation
- Leading and Collaborating Virtually
- Building High Performance Global Tteams
- Collaborating Across Cultures
- Developing Cross-Cultural Effectiveness
- Building Cultural intelligence
- Building Country-Specific Cultural Intelligence
- Can Global Virtual Teams Ever Work?
- Working Effectively Across Cultures
- Unlocking the Secrets of Global Leadership
- Leading Successful Virtual Teams
- Effective Virtual Communication
- A Checklist for Collaborative Leadership
- Managing Cultural Differences Successfully
- Thriving in a Global Organization
- Negotiating & Influencing for Results